Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Real Food Real Good

In the middle of a busy day of errands, we had lunch Monday at Real Food Daily again.  I like RFD a lot; I think part of the appeal of these vegan places is that the flavors are relatively new to me, so I find it refreshing to the palate.  We ate in the cafe section where you order at the counter and food is brought to the table, which I prefer.  We ordered the Pizza Ya Can Eatza and the monthly special, the fajita.
I quite liked the pizza; the vegetable toppings including the tomatoes, spinach, basil were nice and fresh, complemented by the cheesy goodness of the mozzerella and cashew cheese and the sun-dried tomato pesto.  I liked the herb corn meal crust; it's a different texture of course from traditional bread pizza crust, but it's nice.  I really liked the sauteed kale with creamy cannellini beans; full of garlicky flavor. The seitan fajitas also had nice flavors with the variety of toppings, although the corn tortillas could be better; they were a little dry and brittle.  Overall a tasty meal.  I'll definitely be back to try more menu items; so many things still look intriguing that we haven't tried yet. I find it still expensive for lunch (though cheaper with counter seating since there's no waiter service), but I do appreciate that it is organic and the food is good.

Real Food Daily
514 Santa Monica Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(310) 451-7544

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...