Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer Lunch

It's hot for Santa Monica: 79 degrees currently.  I took the dogs on their usual 10 block morning walk and even I was a little winded at the end.  For lunch, I took a look in my fridge and composed a quick and tasty summer lunch.  I'm a little tired of salads and I wanted something warm without heating up the kitchen too much so I made slow-cooked eggs with some halved heirloom cherry tomatoes (that I added to the eggs in the pan for the last minute of cooking), fresh basil from my almost-gone basil plant, seasoned with some freshly ground black pepper and truffle salt.  I served in on top of some water crackers (too warm to toast bread) and it was a delicious lunch.  The cherry tomatoes were bursting with sweet flavor which brightened the warm and creamy eggs.  The basil added some freshness and the little bit of truffle salt added some depth and indulgence to the dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...