Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Kartell Louis Ghost Chair by Philippe Starck in Action

I like how the one at the end by the window almost disappears into the light
I finally picked up the pair of transparent smoke grey Louis Ghost Chairs yesterday.  I've wanted two more dining chairs for our Room & Board Portica dining table for awhile now, particularly since we've been entertaining so much recently.  The six leather chairs from Room & Board that we already had have been discontinued, but I wanted different style chairs for the ends of the tables anyway, to keep it more interesting.  I like the Louis Ghost chairs because they are so visually light and don't make the table seem too crowded.  I think it would look too crowded and heavy if we had black leather chairs at the end as well.  I like the transparent smoke grey color; in person the grey is very subtle and light, very close to the transparent clear chair that we also have.  I have to admit, as much as I think I have pretty good taste in fashion and clothes, I find interior design to be very challenging; I just don't have a good eye for it.  It's taken forever to furnish the house, and I still have a long way to go.  The dining room is almost complete; I'd like to change to curtains, replace the Ikea PS Cabinet with a new buffet, although I do like the red color, and perhaps add a console underneath the red painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...