Friday, January 21, 2011

Vena Cava for Aqua

It actually looks better without the belt
After a morning yoga class at Yogis Anonymous, I did a little shopping in the area and found this dress at Bloomingdales in Santa Monica Place at a pretty ridiculous (in a good way) price.  Even though I don't have any of their clothes; I've always liked Vena Cava since seeing their clothes at Barneys New York many years ago: simple, effortless clothes, with just a little touch of edge and styling to keep it fun.  It's hard to tell from the picture, but I really like the high-waisted silhouette; it's definitely a different look for me, and the draping on the tulip skirt is just the right volume to keep it interesting.  I love these kinds of designer collaborations; it's a nice opportunity to try out some new labels without a big commitment.  There are some great deals in the stores right now; I found a couple of nice Elizabeth and James (love all their clothes; who knew, Olsen twins...), Vince and James Perse pieces that I really liked, but this dress was all that I came home with today.

Update: I went back and picked up a couple more pieces (two dresses and a pair of shorts) from the collection which were further discounted; each piece averaged to less than an Alexander Hamilton...

I got the shorts

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...