Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Winter Farmer's Markets

Before a challenging yoga class at Yogis Anonymous with Brock where I made some progress on handstands and arm balances (by the way, the Lululemon No Limit Tank stays put really well for inversions), I stopped by the Santa Monica Wednesday Farmer's Market to pick up some vegetables for the week.  There's really nothing new or exciting that has surfaced; I did see (very expensive) strawberries and tomatoes at Harry's Berries, which I thought was a little early for the season.  Otherwise just the same dark leafy greens, winter squash, and citrus.  Only one or two apple stands left, citrus is pretty much the only fruit out there.  I should start making more things with our backyard meyer lemons. 
$30 for a 6 pack of strawberries

Lots of kale, rainbow chard and fennel

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...