Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lululemon Fall Purchases

I finally got my jeggings (jean / leggings), the Lululemon polocrosse pants in black denim after much persistence and patience.  I really didn't want to pay full price for them, and Lululemon only has a 14 day return window (and on full price items only), so I had to buy and return them a few times and continually check in on all the stores in my area for markdowns (all stores and online price differently, which is annoying), before I finally saw some other colors marked down in the Santa Monica store last week.  They didn't have any in my size, so I had to convince them to give me a price adjustment on the pair I ordered online.  They gave me a little bit of a hard time, saying that they don't do price adjustments, but made a special exception for me.  It was a little annoying, but the end result was good, so I'm happy.  I'm totally in love with these pants; I've been wearing my black pair all the time, so it'll be good to have another pair to alternate it with.  They are dressier than regular yoga pants with the right shoes and top; I wear them out to dinner and around town all the time.
Yesterday, on my home from an awesome, but ridiculously sweaty yoga class with Meaghan Townsend at Up Dog (she's my favorite new teacher that I've tried in a long time and also the owner / founder of Up Dog), I rewarded myself with pair of pants that I've had my eyes on for a long time: the Dance Studio Pants II in coal.  I've been debating about them for so long because they are inexpensive I probably wouldn't work out in them (and that's the point of Lululemon clothes for me); they are more of a casual around town pant, but they are the most wonderfully comfortable pants that I've ever tried on, great for those days when you don't want to wear something tight.  They remind me of my circa 1998 Abercrombie and Fitch track pants with the stripe down the leg that I still wear today, but even better. The fabric is very soft, and not shiny slick track pant-ish (and doesn't make noise when you walk), and the fit is just the right balance between loose, but still streamlined silhouette with some attractive ruching for style down the side and in the back.  I debated for the longest time between the size 2 and 4 for the longest time and ultimately went for the 4 for comfort.  What finally pushed me over the edge was my upcoming trip to Asia; these will be the perfect pants for those long flights.  I'm actually looking forward to the fall weather so that I can wear my new pants.  I'm not planning on wearing jeans this winter if I can avoid it; I'll be living in these new pants and my yoga pants all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...