Saturday, June 25, 2011

2nd Annual Lobster Feast

Thanks to Mom and Dad W., for the second year in a row, we received an overnight delivery of four huge lobsters from Maine on Thursday. We had a delicious lobster feast, with steamed lobsters with a ginger vinegar dipping sauce and lemon clarified butter, steamed corn fresh from the day before's farmer's market, and roasted red pepper and tomato soup (from Trader Joe's). It's really such a special treat to have fresh lobsters from Maine, there's nothing like the taste of the sweet succulent meaty lobsters! We paired it with a lovely 2009 Curran Grenache Blanc, one of the several bottles of Grenache Blanc that I bought from the Curran case sale. Curran's Grenache Blanc was the wine that made me fall in love with Curran the first time I tasted it at the Solvang tasting room; it's very drinkable, fresh and well-balanced with just enough interest and complexity. The 2009 vintage was no exception.

2 comments:

  1. Man I only had instant spicy Korean noodles tonight. I didn't know they had a grenache blanc. I wonder if I am missing something....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curran's whites are my favorite! I really like the gewurtz for spicier food, but the grenache blanc is my overall favorite. I really like grenache blancs from the santa barbara area; Beckman makes a really good one too. The pinots from Curran / Badge are fine (which should be expected from a former Seasmoke winemaker), but I prefer the whites. Even though SB is famous for their pinots, I like the white wines more. I like the pinots from up north more, like from sonoma coast.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...