Saturday, June 11, 2011

Easy Vegetarian Friday

A bouquet of basil from our windowsill plant
After a meat heavy week with two days of steaks and tonight's Nanbankan dinner, I made an effort to keep it all vegetarian yesterday. I made a very quick and easy capellini pasta with sundried tomatoes, olives, fresh basil, pecorino romano, and meyer lemon and an arugula salad with meyer lemon and shaved pecorino romano. I basically followed Giada's recipe, just subbing in pecorino romano and capellini and using a little less olive oil. Great for a quick weekday meal as I usually have all the ingredients in my kitchen and there's no prep or cooking for the sauce, just throw it all in the food processor. From start to finish, a relatively healthy dinner was ready in about 20 minutes. We had a delicious 2009 Lea Syrah Rose from the Tierra Alta vineyard in Santa Barbara, one of my favorite Tensley Syrah vineyards. It's a lovely full bodied rose, which I prefer to more subtle roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...