Tuesday, June 21, 2011

H&M Next Designer Collaboration...Versace for H&M

Image from H&M
It was announced today that the next designer collaboration with H&M will be Versace, launching November 17th next fall. I continue to be amazed at how H&M is able to collaborate with all these iconic designers. I truly appreciate Gianni Versace and Donatella Versace's impact on fashion over the decades (JLo's infamous plunging jungle print Grammys dress when she was best known as PDiddy's girlfriend and Elizabeth Hurley's safety pin dress come to mind), but Versace isn't as much my style. I only have one relatively tame floor length high slit purple Versace gown and no accessories; Versace is just a little too flashy South Beach / Euro for my own personal tastes. I will be interested to see how the clothes translate, since the clothes do tend to be a little more wild and body conscious, there's more of a risk that it may not look as high fashion and fit will be crucial. See announcement video here. The few images of the collection that were revealed showed studs, leather and floral themes. It will be interesting to see how cohesive the collection turns out to be; at this stage, I don't think I will go as overboard as I did for Lanvin x H&M which was totally my style, but you never know...
Donatella Versace wearing the a leather studded dress at the Versace Menswear runway show. Image courtesy of H&M.
I quite like the dress on the left. The middle dress is a little...80's? Image courtesy of H&M.
Image courtesy of H&M. This pattern could be rather pretty.
Image courtesy of H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...