Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Early November Farmer's Market

Some beautiful persimmons.  I'm not really a persimmon fan, but the hachiyas could be good in some savory dishes.  Last year I made a persimmon pizza, and they would be good with some proscuitto and buratta
With all the recent travel, I hadn't been to the farmer's market in about a month, so I headed over to pick up some fruit and veggies for the week.  Nice day to be outside; it's been just gorgeous, only in LA can you enjoy bright blue skies and a sunny and warm 80 degree day by the beach in November.  Hopefully this lasts for a bit; after all the rain in Asia and cold in China, I could definitely soak up some Vitamin D.  I hit up the tail end of the market today, around noon, so selection was a bit sparse.  Definitely seeing a lot more fall fruit such as apples, persimmons and some pears, more winter squash, and the recession of my favorite summer tomatoes, peppers and grapes.  I didn't really buy anything that exciting, just some pears, herbs, corn, tomatoes and jalapenos.  I'm feeling a little restless, time to find some new recipes using fall ingredients!
I don't know what to do with winter squash besides soup, any suggestions? The tough exterior intimidates me



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...