Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Random Taiwanese Snacks

Breakfast bread from Shengyang Bakery on Xinyi Road
I'm not a big breakfast person usually, but I love breakfast time in Taiwan; I'm a big fan of the xian dou jiang (salty soy milk) with you tiao (fried dough), and also of their savory bread items.  The bread is always super light and fluffy and filled with all sorts of delicious things like corn, cheese, hot dogs and scallions.  I don't know how they make their bread so deliciously fluffy, but I know that I can't get anything similar here in the states.  I also like the drinks at random tea stations.  We found this cute place next to Shengyang Bakery for a refreshing mid-afternoon drink.

A jin ju (kumquat) honey drink filled with basil seeds and xian cao (grass jelly) and nata de coco

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...